9 AM – 13 PM
Cost: $75 for Michigan residents; $150 all others
This Dept. of Energy-focused seminar provides detailed instruction on the ins and outs of preparing a proposal to meet the requirements of the DoE, including both technical and commercialization plans, and navigating the often complicated submission process.
WHAT YOU’LL COME AWAY WITH:
- Current information on the SBIR/STTR program
- Strategies for targeting your proposal to meet DoE’s mission and requirements and reviewers’ expectations
- Technological innovation and commercial merit – what this really means
- Common problems and pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Preparing a Commercialization Plan
- Navigating the often complicated process of actual submission
- What to do once you learn you are going to be funded (and what to do next if you learn you are not)
Speaker: Michael Kurek, PhD, Partner,BBC Entrepreneurial Training & Consulting (BBCetc)
Speaker Information: Michael has been a partner at BBC for the past 11 years. Prior to that he held management positions in marketing, sales, and business development for several start-up and early-stage companies in industries such as medical devices, informatics, and research tools.