Congratulations on your award.
You might be asking:
- What do I do next?
- How do I apply for Phase II?
- Where can I get more info on commercialization efforts?
- How can I inspire others with my success?
As an awardee, you're responsible for negotiating all contract deliverables with the Federal Agency's contract specialist assigned to your contract. Typically, your deliverables consist of progress reports, interim reports, invoices, new technology reports, and project summaries. All SBIR/STTR contracts have very specific deliverables for the work performed under the contract. As the Awards Principal Investigator, you will need to prepare and submit intermediary and final deliverables for your SBIR and STTR contracts.
Your primary contact within the Federal Agency will be the Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COTR). The COTR may designate technology experts and users who will address the contract's technology focus and objectives. These individuals will act as advisors and can provide insights, based on the project needs. Here is a sample Phase I contract to help you out. Also check out the agency links and external resources below.
Phase II is the prototype/demonstration of the technology that was found feasible in Phase I. Agencies evaluate successful Phase I efforts and invite them to compete in Phase II of the program.
You've done it! SBIR/STTR is all about you and your contributions to grow the economy. We want your success to inspire others. You could be on our front page! The participating Federal Agencies provide SBA with information on the success of their programs and submit stories highlighting commercial success. At SBA, we encourage you, the small business, to work with your Federal Agency and get us your success story.
- How about getting into the SBA Hall of Fame – Tibbetts awards?
- Need some inspiration? Check out the winners of past awards.
- Would you like to take up another challenge? Check out the currently open solicitations.
- Want to know more about the SBIR/STTR programs? Check out upcoming events and workshops.